I know it's possible to create a page from a form using the built-in 'Create from the template' macro but are my options for updating existing pages from a form limited to paying for a plugin, like ConfiForms or Frevvo? Thanks for any help.
I cannot think of anything built in to update a page with a form.
On that note it doesn't look to me like Frevvo could update a Confluence page. Rather it looks to me like that add-on is simply embedding their existing platform into Confluence. ConfiForms is a bit different in that it is built more on the Confluence model of macros and has functionality specifically for creating and updating pages. We use ConfiForms pretty extensively in our organization. There seems to be a bit of overlap in the add-ons, but I think they serve somewhat different purposes.
Thanks for the feedback, yeah you're right that ConfiForms seems like the way to go. But I was actually also exploring using Javascript in a Custom macro or HTML macro, but I'm not sure which one is more appropriate.
If you are are proficient in Javascript and using Confluence's REST API then you could totally do it that way as well. ConfiForms abstracts that a bit so that a non-developer can accomplish some of these kinds a things that typically only a developer could do.
Any idea what the base REST API url is? Probably something like
https://<company name>.atlassian.net/wiki
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.