Hi all,
it's no real question, but perhaps the beginning of a little discussion.
I'm really missing the Jira Sandbox. It was a fine thing to try the latest Jira version and some of the features we might not have yet in our instance. Nobody really wanted to work with the sandbox, but I used it sometimes to look at the latest version of Jira.
Atlassian says now, I should create my own sandbox by starting a free OnDemand trial, the sandbox has gone. But, the trial expires in 30 days and you have to cancel it and give your credit card number for the trial. If you don't cancel it, you will be charged 10 USD a month. And if you cancel the trial, can one start another trial the next time you wanted to try something in the latest version ? Do you really want to start one trial after another ? I don't and so I've lost my "try-something-out-instance".
We have a test instance of Jira, of course. But this test instance is not the latest version, it has the same version as our productive Jira. There we have to try some things before doing them in the productive environment. So it is no solution to install the latest version there.
Best regards
Thomas