I'm working to understand what's possible using the Confluence REST API in a server environment and having difficulty. What I have seen so far looks like it relates to content in Confluence. Not quite understanding REST API capabilities in general, I'm not sure I would be able to do what I want: bring data from an external application and display it on a Confluence page using data extracted from the external application's REST API as the source and a Confluence page as the target to display selected data from the feed.
The result is to be a Confluence page that serves as a dashboard reporting daily updates on jobs run by the external application, much like the dashboards we create to report selected items from Jira. I am also assuming we would use the HTML Macro to publish on the page.
Is this possible? Am I on the right track?