I see that I can add a task with a checkbox but I just want the checkbox. As soon as I delete the text next to it the checkbox disappears when I click publish!
1. Try manually typing in [] and then hit space.
2. If you are creating the page from a template, the following code populates a checkbox:
<ac:task-list><ac:task><ac:task-id>2</ac:task-id><ac:task-status>incomplete</ac:task-status></ac:task></ac:task-list>
Hi Gemma,
You may follow the suggestion suggested on the below link:
* https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-way-in-Confluence-to-create-a-checkbox-without-it/qaq-p/243032
That link is four years old. It says to use a macro that is no longer available.
I am trying to create checkboxes but do not want them to be tasks. Any ideas?
Same suggestion for the issues comment boxes
[] Worked for me!
@Suren Raj Hi. Do you have any other solutions besides the outdated one that was linked? above
The goal is to insert a checkbox that is not for assigning tasks and is not editable in the View mode.
Thanks.
"[" + "]" + "<space>"
This is however editable within ViewMode as well.
Using :check_mark: and :cross_mark: here
:black_square_button: shows the check box. But, what's the point. We want to create a checklist for the user to mark when going through a process......... so, it is for show, not for use.
seems the action item one is for dynamic use
Heyya!
I clicked on the 'Action Item' button on top of the page and it worked! This applies to those who are looking to let anybody tick the box as they work on the pages.
we want an html checkbox... not an action item that saves a new revision of the page every time someone clicks it!
Has anyone found a work around for the addition of a checkbox in an article?
if you type square braces "[]" and hit space it populates a checkbox.
I use a Status element with a grey background with text* X for checked* _ for unchecked
Did you ever find a solution for this? (checkbox to allow users to check as they follow a process) If so, how does it work in terms of whether the user can somehow save their progress and come back later to pick up where they left off & being able to see what was already checked?
Thanks Jon for the emoji route. i'm using :black_square_button: and :white_check_mark: now
@Aaron Williams websearch "checkbox", then copy and paste the symbol from the search results.
or if you want it interactive use the HTML injection by "/h" to get the HTML macro dialog box, for "data source" select "HTML embed code", then for the code type:<input type="checkbox">check this!
nice. although I dont like "x" as done. Think I'll just use colors. (_) and red for no, green for done.
fwiw red/green usually means blockers vs no blockers if there's no words attached
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.