Hi,
We use JIRA Service Desk as an internal support platform within the company.
All employees are added as customers, synced from local AD server.
All customers are in a group, which is added to the permissions list of creating issues and commenting on issues.
Everyone can log in on the web UI and create/comment/edit and do whatever they want, which is fine.
However! If they try to add a ticket by sending their issue to servicedesk@XDOMAIN.com, it will sometimes show up in the issues list. Same goes for commenting. Some times the ticket gets created, I can then respond to the ticket, which they will receive, but their comment back is then not being added. Some times it is, some times it's not.
In most cases I will get this error in the Email Requests -> Processing Log:
Mail handler throws exception: Unexpected error while running action as user 'USERX@XDOMAIN.com'
In some cases the email is simply not handled at all, and there will be nothing in the Processing Log. But the email will remain in the inbox of the mail server.
And lastly, in rare cases it will actually be added.
The servicedesk@XDOMAIN.com email is set up as outgoing and incoming mail server (IMAP), with additionally added mail handler, to "Create a new issue or add a comment to an existing issue". I have set a default reporter, and set Bulk: Accept the email for processing.
I've found many forums threads with similar issues, but they date all the way back to 2015, so I find it hard to believe that it is not yet solved.
Any insight? I've been at it for a couple of days now, and could really use a hand, as I see no consistency in the behavior.
Thanks in advance...