Hi - I recently installed Confluence on my Linux server but managed to forget the details of the admin user account that's set up during the installation process (duh!). So I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Confluence but I ended up at the login step rather than being given the option to create an admin account a fresh. So it seems that the new installation has picked up the user account details from my first installation. Does anyone know how to avoid this from happening? Thanks.
You didn't clean out the database (drop all the tables) before re-installing did you?
Hey,
What Nic said, but also you don't need to re-install Confluence if you loose admin account you can reset password directly from DB following Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights KB.
Just make sure you follow one appropriate to your Confluence version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.