Can the system please be updated to let me change an email address for someone instead of deactivating them and then creating a new account with their new email address?
Does the SHARED icon show anyone ?
Jennifer - does your JIRA use Active Directory or JIRA Internal Directory for user management ?
If it is internal directory - you do not need to deactivate - it should change the email id
I don't know. I am new to this. I will take a look. Thanks.
My screen had the email above the username and was greyed out. It would not let me click on it.
Jennifer - are you JIRA Administrator ? Do you have all permissions? Can you see if you are added to JIRA Administrator group ?
I am the administrator.
Also, under user management, can you tell me what is the value for DIRECTORY - Is it JIRA Internal Directory ?
How was this topic solved? I am currently on the same issue in Atlassian Cloud.
Cloud has a totally different user system. Start by looking at which one you are using - Atlassian accounts (user can change their email address at id.atlassian.com), Google accounts (change it in google) or your SAML supporting directory (change it in your user system)
Thanks a lot for your quick reply and sorry if I didn't recognize the topic was not related to the cloud version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.