Hi all,
For one of our node app repos, we have automatic version bumping when pull requests are merged to master. In the pipeline, a task runs which increments the patch number in package.json and creates a git tag with the new version number. The updated package.json is then committed and pushed directly on master by the pipeline with a [skip-ci] prefix on the commit message to prevent an infinite loop of builds.
This works great, however there is one nitpick and I'm wondering if a workaround exists. Because the new version number is committed with [skip-ci], Bitbucket is not detecting the build status from the original merge. Here's a visual example of what I mean:

This causes the repo's Overview to display a "no pipeline has run for the head of master" message to be displayed:

In other repos which do not have this version update, a build status is displayed which is what I would expect:

A build status icon is also missing from repo lists when the version is updated like this:

Is there a way to 'pass along' the build status when committing the updated version number in package.json, or maybe a different workflow I could use here? If not, is there anything on the roadmap to accommodate a situation like this?
Thank you,
Steve