Hello,
Can we install jira and confluence together on the same server without using Apache HTTP server. Only using their tomcat instances in each application with different port in the file server.xml
Thanks in advance.
Regard
OFFJ
Hello @OFFJ
yes, you can have both applications in the same server without Apache. Remember to add a context to each application to avoid session problems.
cheers
Hello @Charly _DEISER_,
Thank you for your answer.
I install Jira and Confluence like this :
- atlassian folder - jira installation folder - jira-home folder - confluence installation folder - confluence-home folder
I defined different ports in server.xml file for each application
Separately Jira and Confluence work.
But when I start one application then when I start the other it made innacessible the other one (error 503).
Which context do you talk about ?
Regard,OFFJ
For jira you can check this doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-jira-application-context-path-225119408.html
For Confluence: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-change-the-confluence-context-path-707985922.html
What you are doing is adding a context path to the application base url, ie:
http://<server ip>:8080/jira
http://<server ip>:8090/confluence
In this case we are using port 8080 for jira and port 8090 for confluence.
Cheers
Thank you for your help but my issue was a lack of RAM on the server. I have almost 3 Go and when I start one application it stops the other if it were running.
Thank you again.
See you next time.
Regard,
It doesn´t work.I had to set the context path to each instance. I use Apache proxy.
Original set:mysite.net - jira
then I install confluence:mysite.net/jira - jiramysite.net/confluence - confluence
After that I modified file
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
And set this line:
RedirectMatch "^/$" "http://mysite.net/jira/"
The line redirects website mysite.net to mysite.net/jira/.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.