How can I delete a Pull Request from the system completely?
If I have to do this manually I'm OK with that. We do not use an external database.
Pull requests cannot be deleted. You could tinker with the database but I would highly recommend against it (we could not provide you with adequate support if something goes wrong).
Why do you want to delete pull requests?
Starting with Bitbucket 5.1, which is available now, you can delete pull requests.
Pull request submitted for testing purposes will remain forever. Not a huge deal I suppose.
I, too, would really like to have the ability to delete declined pull requests. We work on a team of several developers, and our workflow is that pull requests in the Open tab are ready to be reviewed. If changes need to be made, the PR is declined and re-opened when changes are ready for review again. However, there are many times that for whatever reason a branch that was once reviewed gets abondoned. Now, that branch is permananatly sitting in the Declined box, so that box can no longer be treated as a list of open issues that still need work. It would be a huge help to be able to permanantly delete items from there.
x2. I just created a pull request, and accidentally picked the wrong destination branch. I apparently can't edit the request to pick the right branch or delete the whole request. My mistaken request will exist forever as clutter.
In newer Stash versions you can change the destination branch if that helps.
It does help -- I was glad to see that added recently! That said, I'd still love to be able to permanently delete some declinced PRs. In our project with 12 devs, we're now up to about 100 declined PRs that will live in the declined box forever. A handful of those were from before you could change the destination branch after creating a PR, but most are ideas that were started and reviewed, but for one reason or another were declined/abandoned. Would be really nice to have the ability to let Declined tab function as a list of PRs that have not passed code review, but are still actively being worked on. It's easy for them to get lost in the noise as it is now.
I think deleting a pull request is a valid use case. We had an issue where a developer accidently commited a file with sensitive information, and submitted a pull request where that information was visibile to all. It now lives on in a pull request, and we have no way of removing this.
While that helps, I already merged those changes into an alternate branch and now I cannot reset the branch to that branch. Deleting a pull request is a very important feature. People make mistakes, requirements change and others can come up with a much better approach.
Another vote for this.
Hi All,
There is a Hot existing request on this which you can find it on STASH-3134. Please watch that ticket for the development progress of this feature.
Cheers,
Andrew Er
+1
"Why do you want to delete pull requests?"
Because it is referencing a ticket that is not related to the change. I, as a release Engineer, run into this issue often when developers commit work and push to the wrong branch and then reference another branch and ticket they thought they were working on. Since I can't delete the pull request, the reference stays and the tickets appear to be linked even though they aren't linked or related.
What about pushing another commit on the concerned branch removing the file with sensitive information ?
override pull request to upstream by creating on it new commit(for example with --amend) and `git push -f`. It will decline pull request, at least I don't have any requests for it after this action.
If you click Decline, and you are the author, it will close the PR
Hi Tom, closing is not the issue. Declined pull requests remain in the system and can be found in the "Declined" group. Declined pull requests behave the same whether it was the author that declined them or not.
Yay! Finally.
Can we not do this on bitbucket.org yet? I've got a list of declined PRs I'd love to delete.
All I have is the Approve button?
Delete the PR from where exactly? All I see is an approve or decline button
heres a quick py script to delete both Pull Requests and Branches from a given repository,
all the necessary API calls are in the script,
https://gist.github.com/perfecto25/633170c049ad1db8fdf5165a2fcf7171
Is this option available for Bitbucket server 5.9.3?
What about ISO 9001? I'd like to have the ability to mark PR's as not deletable for traceability. The review comments help explain why something was added, removed, modified. Without that you're relying on commit messages.
With the latest BB, you can delete an Open or Declined Pull Request. But not a Merged Pull Request.
I recent had a user commit sensitive data and then merged a Pull Request. Even after removing all references to the commit, it would not go away. I think this is because it was referenced by the PR.
I finally got the commit to be gc'd by deleting the stash-refs/pull-requests/N directory from the server. Then the commit was able to be pruned by git-gc on the server.
The PR still existed, but it wasn't able to show the commits or diff anymore. It did show an infinite loading circle, but that's okay. The sensitive data is gone.
I understand not wanting to delete Merged PRs, but it seems like you should at least allow the System Admin to do this.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/bitbucket-server-how-to-turn-off-ability-to-delete-pull-request-5-1-x-945550831.html
Could be a dangerous hack, but I found that pull request data is located at table `sta_pull_request` within the database, with it's `id` column mapped as foreign keys on other tables with `on delete cascade` except for table `sta_pr_activity`.
So you can (at your own risk. always backup!) remove the undesired merged pull request record from the list by
a) find the row from `sta_pull_request` to be deletedb) remove rows from `sta_pr_activity` with `pr_id` column matching row id found from abovec) remove row from `sta_pull_request`
Then you could also apply git pruning described above by @Charles Pikscher (ACP084)
Our team is on Bitbucket.org using a paid plan. I think we SHOULD be able to DELETE a PR. But I don't see a button anywhere. 😐
Sorry should have been more clear. Declining is what you do for the PR, then delete the branch.
you can use 'Decline' option in PR page. and Delete it.
How do you delete a Declined PR? Deleting the branch does not delete the PR.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.