Hello,
English is not my native language, so I apologize for my grammar .
Company I work is asking me to find a way to, once Jira issue is closed, information from some other issues are automatically loaded into the closed ticket and stored either a comment or in a issue description. To me it looks like the best way to do this is to build custom event listener which would respond to "issue closed" event and load the necessary information. But I got a bit confused because there seem to be two ways to build Jira plugins, Atlassian Connect and Jira Plugin SDK, so I have couple of questions
- If I understand correctly, in order to develop plugin for Jira in the cloud, Atlassian Connect must be used, correct? Is it possible to develop custom issue event listener using Atlassian Connect?
- If not, what would be correct way to build such a plugin for cloud hosted Jira?
- It is possible that my company will at some point switch from cloud based Jira to on-premise instance, in case this happens, will we be able to use plugin developed using Atlassian Connect or new plugin will have to be developed using Jira Plugin SDK?
Thank you in advance!