Hello I have done a brand new standard installation of JIRA on CentOS. But I always seem to endup with the following error
I am assuming installing the bin file installs a correct JDK as well
*************************************************************************************************************************$ Could not create jira.home directory '/var/atlassian/application-data/jira'. Please see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/d$ *************************************************************************************************************************$ 2015-07-17 06:49:53,091 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Running JIRA startup c$ 2015-07-17 06:49:53,092 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger] Startup check failed.$ 2015-07-17 06:49:53,280 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [jira.config.database.SystemDatabaseConfigurationLoader] Reading $ 2015-07-17 06:49:53,536 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Memory Usage: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already read and tried following with no solution. Any help will be highly appreciated
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Startup+Failed+Error#TroubleshootingJIRAStartupFailedError-Virus
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/230596
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Generates+a+FileNotFoundException+due+to+Permission+denied
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/6281
Your disk is out of space, or you are running the installer as an account which does not have the rights to create and/or use the directory specified in the error message.
Only 14% disk is used roughly 12GB space is available. Have already ran `sudo chown -R jira:jira /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/` multiple times along with `sudo chown -R jira:jira /opt/atlassian/jira/` Still missing something?
Login as the user jira and try to create the directory manually. That should give you an error message with more information on why it's failing
Finally 777 did it. Thanks a lot
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.