Is there a way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in Jira?
all or none
If possible would that not be a security whole?
I wouldn't say it is a security hole.. Plus you would turn it off if connected to Active Directory if it was being used for user management. So would depend on the use case.
But it is all or nothing if using JIRA to manage users
I don't see why it would be a security hole for me as an administrator to designate one account to have captchas disabled. I am attempting to get authentication working for a service account to use the API, and having captchas turned on everytime my login attempts fail a few times is a pain because it means that any future attempts will definitely fail until I clear it.
If using the API would the password be correct everytime?
in theory, yes. I'm trying to configure a 3rd party application to connect to the API. Not really sure why I'm getting authentication errors, but the captcha is slowing my ability to debug the issue.
Tim, in your comment you mentioned that you were getting authentication errors and the captcha was being triggered for your service user. Did you ever figure out why? I am having the same problem (the password is correct for all requests).
having the same trouble. once every few months the captcha is triggered
Same problem here. Is there any way to disable this CATPCHA verification for all Service accounts used internally in Bamboo?
We have same issue on our integration with JIRA using API - from time to time we get capcha validation for service account used for the integration altrough we always use valid user name and password.
Any solution for that?
I would see a possibility to add list of exception in JIRA where admins could add all system accounts to disable cptcha at all for them.
no answers from atlassian?
I'm also looking at the possibility of disable for just some specific accounts.
For some weird reason, my API calls are getting 403 / 401s despite the fact that I'm using correct credentials. The issue is actually very intermittent. A total failure happens when the CAPTCHA is triggered. Someone has to go to the admin page and reset login count.
It's a huge problem for us right now and I see that some are getting the same authentication failure issue.
Did you find any solution how to fix it? I am struggling with the same issue.My research tells me that there is no flexible solution. Am I not right?
No answer
Hi @Adrian_Tan / @Dmitry Shinelev ,
Any solution for this? I am not sure why is this happening for service accounts as these are used in scripts and password will be constant unless it is updated manually.
Did we found any root cause for this?
@Nutanix_Jira-adminunfortunately no, there is no way to disable CAPTCHA for a particular user in standalone Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.