Background information:
- Windows Server 2012R2
- IIS 8.5
- Confluence 6.7.2-x64
- DNS entry set, pointing to server.mydomain.com
Installed and configured Confluence with pre packed Tomcat, and everything worked fine running on http://myserver:8090/. All good, but I do not want my users to access this through http, nor through port 8090 - since IIS is already serving 80/443, reverse proxy in IIS seems like the obvious solution.
Sadly, this should be a task faced with some hurdles.
- I have edited the tomcat server.xml-file found in the following folder: atlassian/confluence/conf
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" proxyName="url.mydomain.com" proxyport="443" scheme="https" secure="true" />
//Is there a way to check from the command line that the running instance is actually loading this configuration? (I have a hunch that it's not.)- Confluence is running as a windows-service, is there a way to configure the service itself, i.e with, tomcat8w to set proxyport/scheme and proxyname - to ensure that the correct configuration is loaded?
- I have set up a web.config file for my website in IIS with the following configuration:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<rewrite>
<rules>
<clear />
<rule name="Synchrony HTTP" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="synchrony/(.*)" />
<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="http://localhost:8091/synchrony/{R:1}" />
</rule>
<rule name="Synchrony Web Sockets Reverse Proxy" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="ws://(.*)" />
<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="ws://localhost:8091/{R:1}" />
</rule>
<rule name="Confluence Reverse Proxy" stopProcessing="true">
<match url="(.*)" />
<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false" />
<action type="Rewrite" url="http://localhost:8090/{R:1}" />
</rule>
</rules>
</rewrite>
<security>
<requestFiltering allowDoubleEscaping="true" />
</security>
</system.webServer>
</configuration> - IIS is set with bindings only on 443 for the website serving my URL
I have the following issues within my confluence solution:
- I get an error suggesting my Tomcat configuration is incorrect.
- Editing posts does not work as expected, with the following symptoms:
- The "statusbar" on the bottom says "Connecting...".
- The following error appears after a while:
I feel I have double and triple checked everything, but cannot get this to work, so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.