If I click on "Configure permissions in user management" in the Global permissions, I get a 404 in Jira Server 7.8.0.
What am I missing?
Hi Jiri,
I am not clear how you are seeing that specific link. In my instance of Jira Server 7.8.0, I don't see that link at all:
I can't see from your screenshot if you have any users/groups defined for those permissions yet, as it appears to have been cut off. In my example I have a group called 'jira-administrators' that grants access to this global permission. I am interested to learn what group(s) you have there.
Once you know this, I would then try to go to the User management link that you can see on that screenshot you posted, I circled in green:
I am expecting this link to take you to an address such as http://jira.example.com/secure/admin/user/UserBrowser.jspa
But from there you can click the groups link in order to see which users belong to which groups. I would expect that your system would have at least a single group that determines who has access to the global permissions.
If there is some reason you do not have a group defined to grant access to this, and you cannot seem to add this via the web interface for Jira, then it might be worth walking through the steps in Retrieving the Jira Administrator. This document has steps on how you can create a global administrator account via a series of SQL commands on the Jira database. With those steps you should be able to correct this problem if this is something that can not be corrected from within the web gui of Jira.
Andrew:
thank you for your answer.
I have jira-administrators group and all user management works well.
I assume this stray link you cannot see is a remnant of my migration from Cloud JIRA to self-hosted JIRA? I remember I had a similar issue with another feature and it was caused by one of the "dark-features" ???
Oh, that is not what I was expecting here. But interesting. I suppose there could have been a cloud dark feature enabled on your instance that is not being properly handled in the Server version.
I would be interested if you can tell us what your current Jira dark features page looks like. Here is my sample dark feature page from my 7.8.0 installation. I don't believe that I have added anything to this or modified it, although I have upgraded this install from older versions so perhaps there is something different here than a fresh, stock installation of 7.8.0.
I am not sure if you have looked at the dark features page before, but if you are a Jira System Admin, you should be able to navigate to the page $JIRAURL/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa in order to see this page on your instance.
I have more :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.