I made a commit with an unexpected folder added, which made the repo over 5GB.
Pushed to bitbucket, now it's read only. The repo was really small before, around 30 files, I tried resetinng to a commit before, but somehow it's stuck at that size even after removing the files and doing the recommended gc, etc.
So on my server I just deleted the .git folder and started over since it was just a few files and changes were not really important. But now the repo is read only on bit bucket.
So I can't git push --delete the branch which I want to do and then just push my local branch up
Any ideas how to fix it? I even tried the delete link on the bitbucket website for the branch, but it wouldn't delete. That's all I really need to do at this point, delete that branch and get rid of whatever is clogging the pipes in this repo.