I found a couple threads relating to this issue but none of the answers seem to be working...
We have a custom field that has a global context and a issue type specific context. I can not get the column to display in filter results.
If I use this filter - which is the needed one...
issuetype in ("Test Result - Issue") and parent in (MIS-55147, MIS-56248, MIS-58678, MIS-58836, MIS-60922) and created >= 2014-01-16 AND created <= 2014-01-21 ORDER BY Severity ASC
then the 'Severity' column I need will not display at all. It is there if I go to the screen to edit which filds display and there is content in the field.
I have adjusted the filter a few times based on information in the other threads I have found to include the specific field in the filter for example:
issuetype in ("Test Result - Issue") and parent in (MIS-55147, MIS-56248, MIS-58678, MIS-58836, MIS-60922) and created >= 2014-01-16 AND created <= 2014-01-21 and Severity is not EMPTY ORDER BY Severity ASC
Also, I have added the project id as I saw that may help...
project = "IT - Development" and issuetype in ("Test Result - Issue") and parent in (MIS-55147, MIS-56248, MIS-58678, MIS-58836, MIS-60922) and created >= 2014-01-16 AND created <= 2014-01-21 and Severity is not EMPTY ORDER BY Severity ASC
Still no luck. There has to be a way to get this field to display in the results. If i search only the issue type it will display with no problem.