A little puzzled about how the Backlog decides to show tasks. If I select the Backlog section in Jira, and scroll down I will see "Backlog" with tasks and bugs below it. I see tasks in this list that belong to sprints that have completed. So if I open up one of the tasks, I will see the sprint set to "ABC Sprint 11" for example. The same task is marked as "DONE".
My understanding is that the tasks shown in this Backlog should only be those associated with sprints that havent started yet or no sprint at all defined. So how could this happen?
The only other change made was to add a new state to the workflow for "deployed", which is the rightmost column on the swimlanes now for managing SCRUM. What I've noticed is that by setting the task to "DEPLOYED" it does then get removed from the Backlog (as expected). But I dont see why it should be set to DEPLOYED and dont really want to do this.
Can anyone offer any insight or possible solution? Is there a way to double check the sprint isnt active?