Hi,
I'm trying to import a project from another servers and getting an error:
"The custom field 'Epic Color' of type 'Colour of Epic' is required for the import but does not exist in the current JIRA instance. "
I've been reading a few posts about this and I know why I'm getting this error (it's due to UK English language being set as default on destination server and US English language being set as default on source server).
The solutions I've found involve either manually renaming the 'Epic Colour' custom field on the destination server to 'Epic Color' (or possibly changing the field name on the source server I suspect), or updating the database table.
I'm wondering if simply changing the default language on the source server to same language on destination server might also work. If I did this would it change the spelling and remove the conflict? I haven't seen this as solution to this problem but it would probably be the best solution if it works.
Cheers,
Tim