We just discovered that users creating accounts from the JIRA web page are getting added to jira-software-users. Not only is this taking up licenses, but also giving them access to private content. I've read similar questions that no longer apply to current software versions. TIA.
I think, that when you create a user you check the Jira Software Application Access that is why your user goes to the group. If you want to change the behaviour then go to Applications->Applicaton Accesss and set a new default group for Jira Software Application.
I'm not creating these users - they are created by the users themselves from the main JIRA homepage, where it says "Not a member? Sign up for an account." Anyone can then create an account, which is then automatically assigned to jira-software-users.
I see. Kindly read the followin article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-application-access-744721629.html
Go to the Set Up default access part
That did it, thanks so much Alexey!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.