Problem
I successfully installed atlassian-confluence-6.7.1-x64.bin package and it says that I can access it at http://localhost:8090. The request times out, however, the host is fine.
It appears that the package is bundled with all required software (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/system-requirements-126517514.html).
Environment
- DigitalOcean
- Ubuntu 16.04.4
- MySQL 14.14
- tcp6 0 0 :::8090 :::* LISTEN -
Hi Donnie,
Do you have any error messages you can share with us? You can check the Confluence server logs.
Can you confirm that you haven't run the setup yet? Is this after the first startup?
Regards,
Shannon
Hey Shannon,
To confirm, I have not run the setup yet, simply the install process. Here is the entire log (pretty short).
2018-02-27 21:25:49,179 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 6.7.1 [build 7601 based on commit hash d9a7d86ddd6172b1b5a38b9e600c8b90c362def3] - synchrony version 2.1.0-release-confluence_6.5-1a01ab2d 2018-02-27 21:26:07,936 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.config.ApplicationConfig] setApplicationHome Application home does not exist. Creating directory: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/shared-home 2018-02-27 21:26:07,962 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.confluence.cluster.DefaultClusterConfigurationHelper] lambda$populateExistingClusterSetupConfig$1 Populating setup configuration if running with Cluster mode... 2018-02-27 21:26:07,966 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.confluence.cluster.DefaultClusterConfigurationHelper] lambda$populateExistingClusterSetupConfig$1 Could not find shared config file. 2018-02-27 21:26:12,684 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] earlyStartup Plugin system earlyStartup begun 2018-02-27 21:26:21,106 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system earlyStartup ended 2018-02-27 21:26:21,117 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] lateStartup Plugin system lateStartup begun 2018-02-27 21:26:23,584 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] logTime Plugin system lateStartup ended 2018-02-27 21:26:26,361 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve
Thank you for confirming. So it seems the issue is not with Confluence but the server itself.
I'm not familiar with DigitalOcean myself, but generally, you can test it like so:
Also, I want to note, that you mentioned you're using MySQL 14.14. The latest stable release is 5.7.21, so can you please confirm your MySQL version? I want to be sure that you're using a proper version for Confluence's supported platforms to ensure you don't run into further issues in the future.
I'm having no luck accessing it via the direct IP address or through curl.
Apologies on the incorrect MySQL version. It is indeed 5.7.21.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.