We have a large project with many components that we now want to split out into different projects.
I have tried exporting by component and importing the issues into a new project, and copying issues from the project into a new one.
The integrity of all the data needs to remain. There is always something that doesn't work correctly on import and then if I get all the issues in the new project the old sprint data can't be accounted for, but it remains in the old project.
Am I trying to no avail because I am essentially duplicating the data in a new project even though the project name and key are different? In trying to maintain the data integrity the ids from the original project are being retained as well.
I am frustrated. The request has not been to MOVE the issues due to retention of the past closed sprint metrics.
Is this even possible?