Hello Everybody,
I want to figure out how to how to disable subtask creation for certian types (e.g. Bug). I'm not even sure if this is even possable. If there is a plugin for this that would be perfict but if anybody could help point me in the right direction on were to start i would be much apreciated.
Thank you for your time
The solution we went with was this:
1. Disable the 'View Issue Ops Bar Create Subtask Link' module of the 'Issue Operations' system plugin.
2. Add a web-item to the operations-top-level section which looks something like this:
<web-item key="addnewfeaturebug" name="New Feature Bug Action" section="operations-top-level" weight="10"> <label>Raise Bug</label> <context-provider class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.AddNewFeatureBugLinkProvider" /> <link linkId="addnewfeaturebug_link">/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue.jspa?parentIssueId=$issue.id&amp;pid=$pid&amp;issuetype=$issueTypeId</link> <condition class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.IssueAllowsSubTasks" /> </web-item>
This creates a button on the View Issue screen of those issues which we have decided to permit sub-tasks for which when clicked goes to the URL to create a sub-task of a specified type linked to the current issue.
The context-provider class supplies the values for $issue, $issueTypeId and $pid. The condition class determines which issue type(s) get this button.
Hi Josh,
you have to create a new issue type scheme. In this scheme, you can enable all the types you want to allow for your projects. If you don't allow a subtask here, there is no subtask in your project.
After you have created this scheme, adjust it to your project. That's all.
Best regards
Thomas
Sorry, misunderstood your question. I have deleted my answer.
there's a quite old feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7990
Maybe you can vote for it
I've corrected the link. Copy and Paste added a tiny little dot after the link ;-)
Perfict it works now thank you!
Very interesting I am going to give this a shot. Thank you for the info.
When I clicked on the link it said it was deleted . thank you anyway
In case it isn't clear, the class 'IssueAllowsSubTasks' is an implementation of com.atlassian.plugin.web.Condition and 'AddNewFeatureBugLinkProvider' is an implementation of com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.AbstractJiraContextProvider.
The implementations are pretty trivial :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.