How do I create via REST a CUSTOM FIELD with options and child options?
e.g the following format...
CUSTOM FIELD "ItemOptions"
1. 001 Payments
001-01 Card
001-02 Cash
2. 002 Returns
002-01 Damaged
002-02 Ignored
The title is asking how to list custom fields via rest, the description is asking how to create a cascading select field via rest. Which is it? Both?
Both are answered by documentation -
Thanks, I started with one question that I answered myself and then ended updating the body of the question. I've updated the title as well now.
not possible with Rest endpoints. Try the Bulk Import Custom Field Values feature in script runner
I think I can do it via POST /rest/api/2/field/{fieldKey}/option
If only I could work out what {fieldKey} is meant to be!?!?!
The fields can be referenced in the REST API by a field key with the format: $(app-key)__$(field-key).
So field-key is made up of field-key ?!?
For clarification, this endpoint is only compatible with fields that are created with the Atlassian Connect Add-on.
No harm in trying though. {fieldKey}= 12400 for customfield_12400 and so on.
Post the following json:
{"value": "parent", "child": {"value":"child"} }
watching thread for any cool workaround since there is currently no way to add options through REST endpoints.
The link above seems to say you can (on the cloud)...
Create issue field option
This is misleading.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.