I've been searching a way to remove Share with customer button in service desk issues.
According to this post (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4591) there should be a module in Service Desk add-on named "cr-share-request module" which I can't find.
I won't be able to deploy the service desk add-on with that button enabled because it may cause internal comments to be shared with customers by mistake.
Since the above post didn't worked, lets not take a chance to disable such modules and try. It might lead to other issues.
However, if you are using self hosted JIRA, you can write a javascript to hide it. Find a field in the view screen and write a javascript in the 'Description' of the field in Field Configuration. You can disable or hide the button itself.
Hi thanks for the quick reply,
I haven't done such advanced customization in Jira before. Can you provide any documentation link on that?
There wont be any KBs on this. Please refer to these scripts.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Limit-announcement-banner-to-specific-sections-in-JIRA/qaq-p/166841#M10785
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-is-the-best-way-to-add-a-hardcoded-read-only-text-message/qaq-p/185021#M77260
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Hide-a-field-based-on-a-multiselect-value-from-previous-screen/qaq-p/9370#M3950
Also make sure you provide your Div Class name of View/Edit Screen and other IF conditions if needed, so that it wont run all time or affect other issue screens.
The latest was my biggest concern. It seems the comment button is basic for all parts of jira core. Thanks for the info I will look into it.
We also need to either disable the "share with customers"-button, or change that the internal comment button is the default button. If someone has a way to do this (like a ready script code), please share it with us. I was able to change the order for the comment tabs with https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Default-Service-Desk-Comments-to-Internal/qaq-p/268822.
This problem is driving us crazy as well. So I created a Chrome extension to hide the buttons. Cheers,
I've tried your extension, and it has no effect. Suggestions?
I think I see the issue in your source code, it's intended for Service Desk Cloud. We are hosted, so the URL checks won't match.
Yes the public version is intended to only work on JIRA cloud as I didn't enable it to ask for permission to access "all" website data for security purposes.
If you are on hosted, you can clone the Repo, change the manifest and load it in chrome unpacked
Here’s how it works:
Open UPM (Manage Add-ons), select “All Add-ons” and search for “JIRA Service Desk” add-on (not "Service Desk Internal Base Plugin" which you've used).
Expand it and click “x of y modules enabled” to show every single module of the add-on. Now, search for the module “cr-share-request” and disable it. If you can't find it, you're searching the wrong add-on.
I've done this and it does not remove the button.
Could you provide a screenshot which button you want to remove?
The described procedure should remove this button and this button only:
It worked, thanks!
To hide "share with customer" button you can add this following script to the announcement banner:
<style type="text/css">button.aui-button.aui-button-primary.sd-external-submit {display: none;</style>
It will hide the button on the view screen. But you will continue to see "Respond to customer" tab in the edit screen and transitions screens.
This is for Jira Server ( I didn't test for Cloud )
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.