Hi
Error:
On installing confluence I can successfully test the connection to my postgresql 9.5 database, when I click next on the installation screen, confluence begins working creating the database, however after a minute I see the following message:
HTTP Status 500 - Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
type Exception report
message Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
a large dump of on error trace follows.
I am currently running:
ubuntu 16.04,
postgresql 9.5,
confluence 6.7.1
I have tried using mysql and the confluence trial database, however the error persists. I have also tried 3 different versions of confluence (6.0.3, 6.6.0 and 6.7.1) but the error persists. I am uninstalling confluence using the uninstall script in the confluence directory between every change.
Tonight I even spun up a fresh VM with ubuntu 16.04 mini and installed postgress and confluence from scratch, however the error persists.
I've came across the knowledgebase document concerning Confluence generates Confluence is vacant error on install but as far as I can tell my server is configured correctly. - running
ping `cat /etc/hostname`
returns
root@hostserver:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs# ping `cat /etc/hostname`
PING hostserver (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from hostserver (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.030 ms
I've checked my file permissions also but everything looks OK.
the error I'm seeing in catalina.out is:
ERROR: Unable to start system bundle. (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to cache bundle: file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/osgi-framework-bundles/gemini-blueprint-core-2.0.5.BUILD-atlassian-m002.jar)
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
the error i'm seeing in catalina.2018-02-27.log is:
27-Feb-2018 21:33:59.484 WARNING [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await StandardServer.await: Invalid command '' received
27-Feb-2018 21:36:33.097 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-5] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.custom Exception Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=500, location=/500page.jsp]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: com.atlassian.confluence.tenant.VacantException: Confluence is vacant, a call to tenanted [public abstract org.hibernate.Session org.hibernate.SessionFactory.getCurrentSession() throws org.hibernate.HibernateException] is not allowed.
any help greatly appreciated - I'm at my wits end.
Phil