So some background. This started as upgrading an stash version from a couple years back to the current bitbucket. After a couple rounds of related upgrades (git, mysql) I was able to get bitbucket to start however all of my repositories appeared empty.
My assumption was that something went wrong in one of the upgrades and something got detached between git and bitbucket, so my thought was the easiest option might just be to restore my last good backup from stash into bitbucket.
Unfortunately I'm running into problems there. If I use the original backup/restore client I get a complaint that MySQL 5.7.21 isn't compatible with stash (client 1.5.0). If I then try to restore using the current (3.3.4) bitbucket restore client I get an error referencing BSERV-8280
BSERV-8280 indicates using 1.9.1 of the backup/restore client which is quite old at this point and also appears to have the same problem as the 1.5 client where it doesn't like the database version.
Any suggestions that aren't too ugly?