PROBLEM STATEMENT:
I am unable to open file attachments via a URL using VBA. Instead of getting the file, I am asked to log in.
DETAILS:
- This was working a couple of months ago.
- The URL's (which I got by using REST API) look like this:
http://wiki.intra.mycompany.com/download/attachments/232030890/J_Smith_Staffing.pdf
- If I click on the URL, a web browser opens and the typical download process begins, starting with, "What do you want to do with this file?". I click 'SAVE', and it saves. No additional logins required, and I get the workbook I asked for.
- When executed via VBA, instead of getting my Excel file, I get an Excel file with one worksheet. The worksheet i just a garbled log in screen for Confluence.
- The line of VBA code is:
Set source_report = Workbooks.Open(cell.Value)
I suspect that this has to do with two factor authentication, which my company has been using more and more. Like I said, this used to work.
The files I am trying to download are coming from our Confluence Wiki, sever. I am logged in to Confluence Server. I checked.
Help, please?
Arty