Dear Sir, Madam,
It's the first time in ages since I've used Jira and this time around, I'm the one having to configure it for a department in our company. Most of the configuration goes well, but if it comes to security levels, I just can't get it to work properly.
I'm using the latest cloud version and it is a trial at the moment, but once setup and demonstrated, the purchase will be initiated.
The concept is as follows (and quite simple):
- Jira is used only internally, so no customers will make use of it;
- There are several projects of importance: applications (jobs), internal affairs and IT.
The aforementioned former two projects–applications and internal affairs–should only be accessible by the CEO of the company along with some other relevant people, as this contains information that should not be viewed by anyone but them–understandably so.
As such, these projects should preferably be invisible, based on project instead of issue.
More of these projects will be made, such as other finances-related ones, so it is an important step in setting up.
---
I attempted the following steps:
- Create a user group named 'Management';
- Create a project role named 'Management - Projects';
- Add a new issue security scheme named 'Restricted - Management Only';
- Add a new security level named 'Management' and set it as default.
It is at this point where I'm completely lost, and the documentation for version 7.3 doesn't seem to cover this particular approach.
Any advice or better approach would be greatly appreciated!
Yours sincerely,
Alain