In a Kanban project board administered by me, Release option is disabled.It indicates "no issues to release", despite having multiple stories, bug and sub-tasks in the DONE column.
HI @Alex Reizer,
To see the Release option you should have the Project Administrator permission for the respective project..
I do. Under the Project's "Settings" - "Permissions" - "Administer Projects", I'm there. The "Release" button is greyed out.
Should I have a Version with issues assigned to it BEFORE this becomes available?
When hovering over it, it says "No issues to be released". I have some issues in "DONE" status and column, so what could be preventing it from becoming active?
Do you have "resolve issue" permission? This would stop you being able to put a fix version on issues, which blocks the "release" if you cannot do it.
Done is my last column. I have manage spring/resolve issue permissions but I continue to get the message that "there are no issues to be released". What could be causing this?
Was this ever answered? I have all permissions and the Release button is grayed out. This seems to happen every few months. I have plenty of tickets and sub-tasks in the Done column and usually, when I click Release, that column disappears. Now I can't even click the Release button.
I just ran into this (seeing "no issues to release") and tried everything above to no avail.Then I went back and made sure FixVersion and AffectsVersions were on all my screens (which they weren't). After I did this, Release worked. I cannot guarantee this did the trick, but worth a shot if anyone else bumps into this thread.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.