Hi there
If I attach images or documents for another board member to use, can they download them to use? Or do we need to email them?
Thanks,
Suzanne
Hi Suzanne
When an attachment is added to a card, the attachment is available for anyone to download.
Fore more info, see "Preview and Download Attachments"
You can option-click on the external link icon to the right of the filename to download (on Trello app on Mac OS)
Still having issues with this, opening a new tab loads nothing, saving as you suggest saves an HTML link rather than the uploaded file format. If your users need to search google for 20 minutes to find instructions for something as simple as downloading an attachment you have a UI problem.
Hey, I figured out a fix in my case so just updating in case it helps others. I am using Chrome on a PC and right-clicking on the Image of the attached file vs the name of the attached file produce different save options. Right-clicking on the file name opens a new tab that does not function for many file types we use and only saves an HTML weblink (SVG for example). But if you do what seems counter-intuitive, right-click the image and select "Save Link as" I am presented with a save window that allows me to actually select and save the correct file format. I hope that helps someone until the UI issue is addressed.
I have lots of browsers open all the time for website development so prefer to use the desktop app.
The desktop app seems to have no options for downloading images.
Downloading files is far more complicated than one would expect!From a Mac, I've been able to option click and save images, but haven't been able to save word or excel documents. You can open them to view them, but I haven't figured out how to download the actual file, and then be able to copy and use the content, which I need to for design work.Can anyone share if they've figured out if this is possible, as currently I'm having to ask clients to email me the files...it would be so much easier if I can download through Trello.
Right-click and "Download" is OK, but what if I have 20+ files attached and I would like them to be downloaded together?
Hi! is there a solution? i got 14 documents in my list and it's not very friendly to clink each attachment and doing "save as"..
anything?
Hi, there's no any download button with or without a right click. The only thing I get is
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>BC41E31C6778EE44</RequestId><HostId>9toP1roSmg1+aYKv6pclThbo7F6MoswTue1olTwPFJKMSMFvIMZvTxz9o85T/NP2nTOV+2sIAn4=</HostId></Error>
I'm sorry, but for xls documents, none of us using the Trello board can work out how to download it at all... You can see a preview, but nowhere is there a download option.
Hey all,
At this point you'll need to right-click on the preview or "open in new tab" links and use the download option from your browser.
Cheers,Daniel
100% true. I have the exact same problem.
Right-clicking doesn't work for me at all. Nothing happens.
There is an arrow after the file's name on the attachment. That would let you download the file. It worked for me.
Yup we see the arrow but in our case it opens a new tab with the open file where we can right-click to download and save an HTML file not the original format. So that does not work for many.
Found my answer by reading through all the suggestions posted in here ....option click on the tiny arrow to the right of the file...thank goodness!
If I need to download all documents attached to a card I use this - https://trello-downloader.xiat.net/
It is not an Atlassian tool, but it works.
Answer is above.
Hi, does anyone know a tool like this one from above that still works?? Apparently Trello changed something in the JSON files so Bendellar is not working anymore.
I have at least 200 pictures to download everyday and well, you can see why this tool was amazing for me.
Thanks!
I am just adding to this thread as I also had a very hard time downloading files.
Look for a small upwards arrow near file name. This will download the file on a PC.
I have noted that if you right click on the image to the left it gives one set of options including "save link as" and if you right click on the wording just to the right of the image thumbnail it gives another set of options including "save as"
"Save link as" allows you to easily download the actual file format. at least on windows/chrome
"save as" only saves some HTML thing.
ME TOO and it is VERY FRUSTRATING 😭😭 I have really stressed over this and have already rescheduled 3 parties
I faced the same exact problem so I created the solution myself – you can check it out here: https://trello.com/power-ups/6411ecf3afd8d088e3639f64/
If you have any suggestions/features requests, I'll be happy to implement them.
Hello to allYou can use the software I just created to download all attachments of Trello cards at onceThis software is free and will remain free foreverYou can download the version for Mac and Windows operating systems from the address belowhttps://github.com/SeyedEhsanHosseini/TCAD/releases/tag/v0.1.0In addition, the source code of this software is freely available to you, so that your thoughts about the program's performance and security are at ease.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.