I have many projects with end customers, in a portfolio of work. For each end customer, there are some business engagement activities that could result in multiple related PoC projects. Later on, there could be a new business engagement that could have some more PoC projects. I also need to track the relationship between the business engagement and PoC projects within the entire work with the end customer.
To summarise... for each customer, I need to track:
- Customer engagements projects, as well as the tasks under that.
- related PoC projects - with tasks under that.
- the link between customer engagement project and the related PoC projects. Note for 1 client there could be multiple iterations of this. eg Customer Engagement project x maps to PoC projects, 1, 2, 3 and customer engagement project y maps to PoC projects 4,5,6.
I thought the best way to do this would be to:
Setup a new project for the end customer.
To track customer engagements - create an Epic, have a custom field, multi-select, which equals 'Customer Engagement'.
To track related PoC projects, create an Epic, and set custom field multi-select equals 'PoC project'.
I’m pretty sure that the above will work well, happy to hear if someone has a better idea. However, how do I track the relationship or linkage between customer relationship Epics and PoC project Epics? My understanding is that you can’t link epics to epics, is that right?
Thanks