We have Confluence 3.4.9 Enterprise Wiki at my place of employment. We have a wiki space for our development group, that I created and curated several years ago with a lot of helpful legacy information and how-tos. Last year, we got a new manager, the first one to show any interest in doing anything with our wikispace, and he re-organized the space. The page that was originally the home page for the space is now a second tier folder, and he has added a lot of new information in new folders outside of the original folder.
So far, so good. Except that most of the original pages are no longer found when we do a search. I think ths issue has to do with the ancestor ID that is automatically added to the search query, and the fact that the older pages are not natively descendants of the current home page.
I'm not an admin for the site, only a lowly space admin. I've reported the issue, but haven't heard back from our admin group with any solution. Any ideas here? In a pinch, I can find the page ID for the original home page and write a new how-to article that says to substitute this page ID for the ancestor ID in the search, but that seems very awkward and requires two separate searches to search the whole space.
Maybe I can go in and edit each article from the original set and save it, and it will save with the the current home page as an ancestor, but I don't know if that will work or not. I'll try in a minute with one page that is not coming up on a search for "How to".
Is there anything the site admins can do to "reindex" the site or anything?
Thanks,
Rebeccah