For example from User Story to Bug.
I don't see the Issue Type at all when I open an Issue for editing.
Is Bug an issuetype that is configured within the project?
And is the issue type field part of your edit screen?
Cheers
Kurt
You can only use "edit" to change the issue type if the source and target issue types have the same configuration.
When they do not, the only way to change the issue type is to use "move" to move the issue to the same project but a different type.
They do not, how do I move an issue?
Bug is an issue type.
Issue type is not in the edit issue screen
Tools menu - the three ... near the top right of the issue view.
If you don't see "move" there, then you need to get the permissions amended such that they grant you the right to do it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.