I'm trying to figure out how to apply a quick filter to my board based on a custom field I created. My board is currently configured so that my swimlanes are based on Stories. Each swimlane (story) has sub-tasks, which are my defects. Each defect has a custom field where you can choose the Severity with 4 options (Critical, Major, Moderate, Low). It's similar to Priority, but we are using Priority in addition to Severity.
What I'd like to do is is take all of my sub-tasks that have a Severity level applied and sort those under each individual story in ascending order.
Example:
- Story 1 (swimlane)
- Sub-task 1 (Critical)
- Sub-task 2 (Moderate)
- Sub-task 3 (Moderate)
- Sub-task 4 (Low)
- Story 2 (swimlane)
- Sub-task 1 (Critical)
- Sub-task 2 (Critical)
- Sub-task 3 (Major)
- Sub-task 4 (Moderate)
Currently, there is no order applied to my tasks so they are in the order that I created them. I attempted to do something like "ORDER by Severity," but seeing that it's a custom field, I don't think the board understands that the Severity options (Critical, Major, Moderate, Low) have any sort of order.
Bonus points if I could also sort by Priority, which I know is a built in field with ranking.
Example:
- Story 1 (swimlane)
- Sub-task 1 (Critical)
- Sub-task 2 (Moderate)
- Sub-task 3 (Moderate)
- Sub-task 4 (Low)
- Story 2 (swimlane)
- Sub-task 1 (Critical)
- Sub-task 2 (Critical)
- Sub-task 3 (Major)
- Sub-task 4 (Moderate)