Hello,
I am still having trouble installing SourceTree, and my last question has gone dark so I'm reposting: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Cannot-install-SourceTree/qaq-p/715641#M19574
I've tried an older version which helped me get a little further but still it isn't working and I can't tell from the setup log what the issue is. I have followed all the steps suggested in my previous question, I've reached out to my internal team for help, and so far no luck. Is there a way I can reach out to someone directly for help?
2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-02-21 14:12:46> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Couldn't write out staging user ID, this user probably shouldn't get beta anything: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\.betaId'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(String path, String contents, Encoding encoding)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.getOrCreateStagedUserId()
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\packages\RELEASES'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Squirrel.Utility.LoadLocalReleases(String localReleaseFile)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.CheckForUpdateImpl.<CheckForUpdate>d__2.MoveNext()
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: Reading RELEASES file from C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2018-02-21 14:12:46> CheckForUpdateImpl: First run or local directory is corrupt, starting from scratch
2018-02-21 14:12:46> ApplyReleasesImpl: Writing files to app directory: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.5
2018-02-21 14:12:46> LogHost: Rigging execution stub for SourceTree_ExecutionStub.exe to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\SourceTree.exe
2018-02-21 14:12:47> ApplyReleasesImpl: Squirrel Enabled Apps: [C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\SourceTree\app-2.3.5\SourceTree.exe]
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Starting fixPinnedExecutables
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: File Explorer.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Google Chrome.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Examining Pin: Outlook 2016.lnk
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Fixing up tray icons
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Couldn't rewrite shim RegKey, most likely no apps are shimmed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<unshimOurselves>b__13_0(RegistryView view)
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: Couldn't rewrite shim RegKey, most likely no apps are shimmed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.<unshimOurselves>b__13_0(RegistryView view)
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: for version 2.3.5
2018-02-21 14:12:49> ApplyReleasesImpl: cleanDeadVersions: exclude folder app-2.3.5