I want to create a chart on my dashboard which displays total number of story points against each assignee.
Is this possible in Cloud Jira?
Dear @Tushar Tembhare,
this is the wrong approach - a story is never assigned to a single individual - it is assigned to a team that committed the story. A sub-task can be assigned to one person.
So long
Thomas
I must disagree. There are times when a developer owns a feature in a sprint. My management is requesting reports on story points and owner of the feature. I understand that you are responding back with the textbook way to execute things but agile can be implemented in many different ways.
These posts that do not answer the question but instead ending up in scolding the original poster are not helpful because now I have the same question and there is no answer except "you're doing it wrong". Go tell that to my CEO and see what he says back in response...
Does anyone actually have a helpful answer?
Dear @Dennis Gyor,
you are right, it's not answering the question. You can assign people to one story. Then export all stories of one sprint to CSV and sum up the story points per assinee.
I do not know any dashboard gadget, that could help you in your situation.
Take a look at Views within Rich Filters to achieve this, just create a view and select story points as one of the fields to display.
This use case can be implemented with the Jira Cloud App Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards (disclaimer: I am part of the team working on it).
You can for example create statistics gadgets in your dashboard displaying the sum of story points per assignee. On top of Story Points, any numeric field is supported, including custom ones.
Here is an example of how it looks like, when showing Story Points per Sprint and Component:
Can this functionality ("Showing Story Points" instead of "Count") be added to standard JIRA?
+1
Think of the administrative nightmare.. spending 15-25 mins daily comparing the Sprint progress and Backlog size reports to senior management when you are in a rapid agile mode. Only if all of us have that time.
can you also share the JQL ?
I have managed to create the chart that shows story point vs Assignee chart. Here is the screenshot.
you have to install an app from the marketplace called "Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard"
Watch the video to see how it works - youtube
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.