A page shows "$helper.page.title" in its title and cannot be edited.I see the issue is described here but wanted to know how it is actually caused.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/page-shows-title-as-helper-page-title-and-cannot-be-edited-moved-939924329.html
When a user doesn't enter page name and save/publish, we get error message but how is the page name gets updated to "$helper.page.title" without manual intervention ?
Confluence shouldn't allow the page to be saved without a title. You can only create a draft, that will be named as "Untitled".
If Confluence is letting users save pages without titles, then that should be investigated.
We wonder if Confluence is allowing you right now to publish pages without titles.
It doesnot allow to publish without a name, but for some unknown reason, the saved page title was changed to "$helper.page.title"
Well Guilherme,you are right. That should be investigated and I think ist was.This error is known since 2010:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-20335But someone decided to do nothing.Okay, someone (else ?) decided to write a kb article at least:https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/browser-title-shows-docthemehelper-instead-of-the-page-title-296096938.htmlSeriously, many Users can not believe that such a thing can't be fixed in 10 years by a company having that amount of resources. But I'm thankful, that there are at least some supporters writing such kb articles. They might be as frustrated as I'm that it is not fixed instead.Cheers,Christian
Hi Christian,
I have the same issue as mentioned above. Thanks for pointing to the KB article but if I remember correctly, the Documentation Theme is no longer supported since v6.
We are on 6.15.10 (soon going to 7.4.x) and I cannot find that theme anymore (I probably removed it). Is there a location to download it so I can try this on our test instance?
Thanks,
David
Hello David,did you then try the article mentioned in the first place from Rilwan?Cheers, Christian
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.