Same issue applies to code blocks. There are two related issues. First issue:
Setup
I create a noformat block in confluence.
I enter some text with newlines like:
line one
line two
I use the up and down arrows on my keyboard to move the cursor.
Expected
The cursor moves between line one and line two as per usual.
Actual
The cursor skips out of the noformat block as though it were all a single line.
Replaced On
Windows box with Firefox 59.0b6 (64-bit) and Chrome (current version), Confluence 1000.0.0-d2f3f7bc191 (Cloud)
Second issue:
Setup
I create a noformat block in confluence.
I copy multiple lines of text from a text editor like Nodepad++ in Windows (CRLF) mode or Unix (LF) mode (makes no difference either way) into the noformat block:
I then copy those multiple lines from the noformat block.
I then paste those copied multiple lines into the same (or another) noformat block.
Expected
The multiple lines are pasted in as multiple lines as per usual.
Actual
The new lines chars are stripped out and the multiple lines are pasted as a single line.
Replaced On
Windows box with Firefox 59.0b6 (64-bit) but not Chrome (current version), Confluence 1000.0.0-d2f3f7bc191 (Cloud)