in the new issue view isn't clear how i create a sub-task, i don't see the option
Should be on the tools menu - the three ... to the top right. If you don't have create subtask in there, then the project does not have sub-tasks.
The project have the option but the menu three don't list the option like the old view
Could you go to the full issue view and see what options you have in the tools menu there?
Hey @Julian Mendez, in the new issue view the option to create a subtask should appear under the summary:
However, the option won't appear if a user doesn't have permission to create subtasks or if they issue type hasn't been configured to use subtasks.
I notice in your screenshots you're showing two different issues, are you able to confirm that there is inconsistent behaviour between the option to create subtasks for the same issue? If this is the case I can get the engineering team to look into this as this is not the expected behaviour.
I was confused at first but I realized that the create sub-task option isn't under that upper right menu, it's the second button under the issue Summary in the new view.
We are running both JIRA Service Desk & JIRA Software (Cloud Hosted)
On Jira Software Projects the Create sub-task option is available on issues in the New Issue View but in JIRA Service Desk projects it is not. For issues in JIRA Service Desk projects when we revert to the old view the create sub-task option is available.
I'm experiencing the same thing here...
So the work-around is to switch to the old view to create Sub-tasks and back to new view for everything else... not ideal
As mister Yates suggests, there is a new little check box icon below the issue description to add subtasks.
Additional confusion is caused by the Atlassian help searches all pointing you to the three dot options on the right side the same as you have always done but it's wrong for new view.
We know Atlassian will force us to only use the new version at some point so we are trying to learn it but the 200 users here are all very frustrated with it and frequently switch to old view when they work on issues
The new create sub task issue button doesn't prompt the create issue screen anymore. It just lets us add an issue title on the parent issue screen, then we have to go into the issue to edit the other fields. It's now two steps to create a subtask and all of the issues are being assigned to the default assignee for the project since it can't be set upon creation.
The "create sub-tasks" buttons are now available in the new issue view for Jira Service Desk.
You'll find them in the quick actions section (below the summary) and also in the sub-tasks component: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-72135
Will - I have the same issue you describe. Despite configuring a create issue screen for the sub-task, when I click the button it only lets you ad a title.
Did you find the solution?
My understanding is that it is not possible in the new issue view. A support person at Atlassian created a feature request for me but I can't track it down. Good luck. For now, my folks are just updating it after issue creation and I'm bombarded with unnecessary email.
Ok thanks. Appreciate your response. At least I know it's not me just not being able to work it out!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.