Hi all,
I am currently evaluating Jira Service Desk (Cloud). At the moment, I'm trying to lock down the Change Request process. I'd like to accomplish a few things that are standard requirements of Change Management, but so far have been tricky for me to implement in the demo:
- Multi-level change approvals based on components (when creating an issue).
For example, a standard change for a switching port configuration will always automatically require the Network Admin to approve. Next, the change will go to a CAB, which requires 50% of its members to approve (or half the number of members in the CAB if that's easier to do - again *pre-filled*). Only after these two approvals does the change go to implementation.
I can only manage to do this by creating Request Types for each type of change, and then creating a new change with a Service Request, which (seems?) to take the Service Desk admin out of the normal interface for creating issues.
Also, this doesn't seem to address the "pre-populating" (i.e. Network changes always pre-fills Network Admin as the first approver; Application changes always prefills the Application owner as the first approver, and so on).
Any idea from the community on how to best accomplish this?
Thanks,
Marc