I have the need to inform others outside of my department on the status of Jira issues. What I would like is when and issue get set to a specific status, an email could be sent by Jira informing the person of the status change. These persons would not be a Jira user, so they don't have an account to log into.
If possible, I would like the recipient of this to be controlled by the issue itself as well. In other words, I don't need the same people always being informed of a task reaching a specific status, The person to update needs to be "tagged" somehow in the issue.
In summary, I would like to be able to inform via email ,people outside my department and non Jira users, that an issue has been moved into a specific status. And the person to contact needs to be specified in the issue itself. Is this possible at all?