Hi,
In the Jira I use for client purpose, we use the structure of Initiative-Epic-Story-Task.
Now my question is if it is possible to link one Epic to multiple Initiatives (Parent). I cannot find this, but maybe there is a workaround?
Hi @Jeroen Thoelen,
In Portfolio for Jira an issue can only have one single parent issue. So an Epic can be assigned to only one single initiative through a parent - child relationship.
If it is useful for you to indicate a relationship between the Epic and other initiatives, you can do so with standard Jira issue links. These will not be visible in portfolio (unless you create them as dependencies, but my guess would be that is not what your are after).
Too bad that it is not possible, but thank you for the update!
As a follow up - within a plan an Epic has to be assigned to just one initiative.
But if I am in a different plan can I assign an Epic to another initiative?
For examplePlan A
Plan B
Can we do that without consequence to Epic 123 in Plan A?
I'm interested in the answer to that too. I'd like to track some epics in more than one Initiative
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.