Hi,
Problem
We upgraded our JIRA and SD to the latest version 7.7.1. There was no changes to configuration nor any other settings. Before, I was able to create myself from received from my customers emails JDS issues by simply assigning them to new tickets. This has stopped working and can't see customers in Assignee drop down nor when type their names.
Configuration
CROWD:
I have a designated group that contains users from a linked extrnal AD. This group has access to JIRA application.
JIRA:
In project settings 'Users and roles' I have added this CROWD group under 'Service Desk Customers'.
In project settings 'Permissions' adding the same group in 'Issue Permissions' > 'Assignable User' is causing an error message that there is a problem with permissions.
I've tested an example user using Permission Helper and it now shows that this user needs a License???
I've looked at JIRA upgrade notes in latest upgrade and there is no mention about licensing schema change at all so why what was working before has now stopped out of the blue without any explanation from your side?
Feedback
Day by day your product is becomin less and less usable. You don't respond to tickets with customer requests for change of existing or new features that would make their lives easier. Those tickets has been for years unassigned even though critical things such as customised domain, subdomain for JDS or ability to turn off emoticons in text editor (that annoy and replace characters - try and pressing down arrow on the keyboard ':'). The quality of the software is degrading significantly and more bugs are introduced to new releases.