I have installed a Docker container of Confluence 6.7.1 on a Linux-based NAS with the the CONF_HOME routed to a volume on the host. The installation is behind a reverse proxy, with the appropriate variables applied. It connects to the host network over a bridge. I have ensured that the volume on the host has read/write permissions for "everyone".
I can connect successfully to the URL and apply my DB settings (MYSQL). The installation correctly finds the existing database and starts the db installation.
However, at setup/setupdbtype.action, it fails with the following Java bean error:
com.atlassian.config.ConfigurationException: Error creating bean with name 'exporter' defined in class path resource [jmxContext.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.MBeanExporterWithUnregisterImpl]: No default constructor found; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.atlassian.confluence.jmx.MBeanExporterWithUnregisterImpl.<init>()
at com.atlassian.confluence.setup.actions.AbstractSetupAction.transitionFromColdToVacantState(AbstractSetupAction.java:162)
I know that generally the solution is to ensure read write permissions on the CONF_HOME, which I have set both on the host, and also attempted to carry out a CHOWN -R /var/atlassian/confluence from bash on the docker container itself, but it fails to change permissions on a number of directories.
Is anyone able to assist?