When I move something from To Do to In Progress, the Check Mark with 'Done' shows up beside the status. Then, I don't have the option to move something to done. If you look at the workflow, the In Progress status is in fact the In Progress status category. Why would this be happening and how do I fix it?
That Done beside the check mark is actually the issue resolution. Make sure your workflow or screens are not unintentionally allowing the resolution to be set too early in your workflow. Also make sure that in your workflow, if people are able to re-open issues, the resolution is being cleared by post function on those transitions.
I'm a newbie to setting up workflow. How do I go about making sure my 'workflow or screens are not unintentionally allowing the resolution to be set early in the workflow'?
Go to your Project's Administration page (typically the settings icon in the bottom left of the page) if you're a JIRA admin and see the screens and workflows involved in this project. Click into them to edit.
Editing a screen: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-a-screen-868982914.html
Editing your workflow's transition: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-clear-the-resolution-field-when-the-issue-is-reopened-648381467.html
First off, thank you so much for your help @Kyle Moseley, I really appreciate it.
When I go to edit a screen per the instructions, the only thing it seems I am able to edit are the title and description (the page is blank below 'update'):
For the second "editing your workflow's transition", I have no clue how to get to that screen in the KB article.
Not sure if this helps, but if I go to edit the workflow itself, you'll see the only defined transition is the create transition to 'To-Do', there are no transitions set up to/from any other state.
From four years in the future, I have revived this thread to say thank you!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.