I would like to know if there is a possibility to track confluence page even if a person doesnot login to confluence.
Hello Vara,
Having a quick look at the documentation for the ViewTracker Macro
I can see in the screenshot there's a checkbox that says Don't Track Anonymous, so I guess it can do what you need.
Another way to track anonymous visitors is to use Google Analytics. You don't need a plugin for this, you can pop the code in to COG > General Configuration > Custom HTML.
Thanks, James
@Hi@Vara
Niklas from bitvoodoo here! As @James Richards already pointed out, yes, Viewtracker is able to track anonymous views.
They are listed as "Anonymous" in the Viewtracker and Viewtracker Report Macros, as well in the built-in reporting section of Viewtracker.
Best RegardsNiklas
Thank you James. Really helpful information. I don't have much knowledge on HTML but will give it a try.
Thanks Niklas.
In theory they are, but in practice, I'm not excluding Anonymous users from tracking (which is the plugin default), but I've never seen "Anonymous" turn up in the Viewtracker Macro, even after logging out of Confluence and hitting the page several times.
Hi Richard
If you are facing issues or Viewtracker acts not as it should, feel free to contact our support: support.bitvoodo.ch
RegardsNiklas
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.