Hi,
I am trying to build a JIRA plugin that will essentially be a REST api that can be called to take some actions like create issues, etc.
I was able to create a refapp plugin that has a simple get api (based on the tutorials).
I also stood up a standalone JIRA server, and added the plugin to it by uploading the
JAR file from the target folder for the plugin.
I was able to make the rest calls to this api using postman and the standalone jira.
I didn't think it would need the plugin to be running (which I initially created calling atlas-run) for the api to work.
However, when I stopped it, the plugin api stopped working too.
So, my question is how do I need to deploy the plugin in production? I was initially considering just adding the plugin to our Jira server application by uploading the JAR file.
But seems like that won't work. Has anyone here done this before? It would be very helpful if you could point me in the right direction, as I am very new to this.
Thanks in advance!