How is it Possible to Export and import Project configuration within the same instance of Jira?
I've tried to and both export and import was ok, but there is no new project to be seen in the project list, what have I misunderstood or doing wrong?
BR
Hi Bjarne,
Try this plugin :
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.configurationmanager
I m using it and is a good one !
Regards,
Sven.
Import works in the same way, even if the configuration file was exported from the same instance of JIRA.
But if you export and immediately import into the same instance the plugin will do nothing, because it will find that the configuration described in the XML file already exists in the destination instance, so it does not have to apply any changes. In order for this scenario (export/import into the same instance) to be of any practical use, you have to change somehow the configuration file.
For example, if you export, change the project key and name in the XML configuration file, and load the file into the same instance then you have actually cloned the project, creating a new empty project which has the same configuration as the original, with another key and name.
Not possible the import fails
It works for me! And it's an easy way to clone a project!
Bjarne, Perhaps a typo editing the file?
Regards.
I've no problem cloning projects the way Jose explain is his comment above.
Hi Jose
Just send you an email with XML
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.