Background:
Result asked: I would like to implement this in any reasonable way, HTML, JS, or a URL I can put as a hyper-link on the page.
In this article it shows that I should be able to look at: http://localhost:8711/secure/ViewCollector!default.jspa?projectKey=SRS&collectorId=0a80f453
translate it to: http://localhost:8711/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/<collectorid>?os_authType=none#
and get to the collector.
so I took: https://ST.atlassian.net/secure/ViewCollector!default.jspa?projectKey=TMOI&collectorId=373014b4
translated it to: https://ST.atlassian.net/rest/collectors/1.0/template/form/373014b4?os_authType=none#
and when i enter that URL it goes to a blank page.
So i'm kind of at a loss as to what a 'normal' person can do. It doesn't seem like it should really be this difficult to insert a issue collector into confluence. I mean, we link JIRA issues all of the time.
Thanks
Stephen,
You will not be able to embed the collector that way. You will need the admin to enable HTML macro so you can embed the required script.
If you don't want to do it that way, then you can have your team just create Jira Issues via Confluence using the built-in functionality.
Also, here is a feature request that might interest you if you were looking to embed a simple form into Confluence to create Jira issues:
Let us know if you have any questions about any of this.
Regards,
Shannon
awesome, thanks.
I voted for the issue (I think that's what i'm supposed to do) and added it to be watched.
Thanks for the time.
You're welcome, Stephen!
Have a good weekend.
Side note: The JIRA Issues via Confluence method will not work if we want people to be able to have a single location to go to so they can view content and request help. That method requires that they edit a confluence page, highlight, and then do the link. Something that I can't ask someone
It's truly poor design that there isn't a simple way to create a help request through an open portal like confluence. To give access to JIRA without some controls in place just isn't possible.
Like Stephen, I am finding the integration of Atlassian tools to be incomplete at best. I dont understand why we have a suite of tools supposedly designed to work together that barely have any functional integration designed in.
So. Let's just break this down.
Atlassian makes Jira.
Atlassian makes Confluence.
I can embed a Jira issue or filter into Confluence, no problem.
I can embed an issue collector elsewhere in the world easily, with NO REGARD for security.
I can not embed an issue collector into a Confluence page, which is a side by side sibling product. Part of a suit of products, all marketed to "work together".
Why? Because it requires it to be wrapped in an HTML macro... which is insecure. HOWEVER... And oddly enough... if you want to pay for a third party add-on, the security concern magically vanishes!
And... this is where it gets annoying.
I can use "forms" (if the project is a work management project) to embed a "form" that collects issues in a confluence page...
The FORM is not insecure enough to cause Atlassian to hamstring it!!!
Embedded Jira issues are not insecure!
But... They say the COLLECTOR *IS* insecure. Because, it must be wrapped in an HTML macro. HOWEVER... AGAIN... Using "Forms" is fine!!! AND... if you PAY for an add-on, no worries! Use the collector ALL YOU LIKE!
AS LONG AS YOU SPEND THOSE SWEET SWEET MARKETPLACE BUCKS!
Friends. This is gaslighting at it's finest. This is also what happens when Atlassian collects revenue from the add-on marketplace AND it's core product.
All internal work to add value to the product grinds to a halt, because it is not generating ADDED revenue as part of the core product. It is only by pushing simple things like this off to the marketplace that they will generate ADDITIONAL revenue above and beyond the now over-priced core products that continue to see features dropped in favor of the marketplace add-ons. As is evidenced here.
The evidence shows repeatedly that, as Atlassian customers, our voices mean nothing to Atlassian as a company.
It's time to start looking elsewhere when doing our roadmap planning.
Also worth noting. You CAN NOT enable HTML Macros in the cloud anymore, as Shannon suggested.Likely, because the option was shunted off to the marketplace... to generate those MARKETPLACE BUCKS!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.